THE 2019 WORDWAVE ONE-ACT CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
The 2018 contest deadline was July 3, 2018. Please check back in spring 2019 for the next WordWave One-Act Contest.
Interested in attending the Winner’s Event on October 20, 2018? BUY TICKETS NOW
2019 Contest Info:
WordWave hosts an annual one-act play writing competition opening in spring and running thru summer that culminates in a winners’ event in October. Three submissions will be selected each year as the winners and each winner will receive a $500 cash prize and a 2-night stay in South Lake Tahoe to see their work directed and produced as a staged reading at the historic Valhalla Boathouse Theatre. Manuscripts must have a running time of no more than 60 minutes and writers can enter multiple works. There is a $25 submission fee per manuscript.
• Submit one-acts of no longer than 60 minutes by deadline.
• There is a $25 submission fee for each entry paid via Paypal.
• 100-200 word synopsis.
• Cast list that indicates the number of female roles, the number of male roles and the number of roles that can be performed by either gender.
• Set design(s). Please feel free to provide diagrams and/or pictures.
• Estimated running time.
• Plays must be written within the last five years.